Cylinder Head gaskets - life expectancy?

nec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help needed please

I am off to the County Court to argue the merits with a trader over a Fiat Doblo Diesel whose cylinder head gasket went within 4 years and at 35,000 miles.

A full service history and one owner vehicle meant to me that I had bought the right vehicle and so had expected to get many years trouble free life from the engine.

For the court the Judge is going to need something / someone to say that the failure is not through fair wear and tear.

I know that it is not fair wear and tear and I am sure every other right thinking person does but I am struggling to find some 'analogy' or other thing that will suitably help - anyone got any inspirational thoughts please ?

Thanx in advance

Sponsored Links
It transpires that the first keeper suspected the head gasket had gone and his dealer put it out to auction from where it ended up with my trader.

I am satisfied that there is a problem with the HG on these vehicles as I have discovered through the trade and from comments made at:-

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47750&highlight=

What I really want is an authorititive 'opinion' on life expectancy from HG that will help the court.

Sponsored Links
Back