Cylinder Problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a new direct hot water cylinder today in work for my boss and tidied up some pipework. Filled Cylinder and had 2 small leaks on the blanking plugs. Drained down cylinder,removed plugs, removed ptfe tape and reapplied fresh ptfe tape. Filled cylinder back up and still get a itzy bitzy weep on the bottom blanking plug :(. So i goto drain down again tomorrow and do it again. Beside ptfe is there a pretty surefire way to ensuring this small weep isnt going to happen again once i refill. Bosswhite or some other similar threading compound be better than ptfe?.

Sponsored Links
isnt hemp & paste illegal now due to the possibility of bacterial growth ?.
Regarding the bosswhite/ptfe , which comes first :D ?

Sponsored Links
isnt hemp & paste illegal now due to the possibility of bacterial growth ?.
Regarding the bosswhite/ptfe , which comes first :D ?

News to me! , in any event do not use Boss white cos' that is not for potable use!! Don't use paste with PTFE , one OR the other!

are you sure the cylinder isn't faulty? it shouldn't leak at all, especially if you use 25 turns of ptfe !! surely not? are the nuts tight enough?

25 turns of ptfe
surprised-004.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back