Fitting a Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitting my first direct cylinder and commissioning it in the morning.

I've used potable jointing compound and ptfe on the male threads and blanking plugs.

Any tips or things to look out for before I fill up.

Thanks. :D

Sponsored Links
You don't use them in combination, either or. I use Jet Blue on potable and hemp and paste on non potable.

Make sure the drain off is easy to get at, the washer on it is decent and you have a hose handy should the worst happen... be prepared. I once fitted a shower pump after replacing a primatic cylinder with indirect... had a leak on solder joint and shower pump was in the way of the drain off... got it sorted but it taught me a lesson.
Make sure the gate valve holds... a lot of old ones leak a bit... change if necessary for one with a full bore if necessary.

Good luck...

Thanks lads.

The job went well and no leaks.

I didn't have a 22 to 3/4 coupler but soldered it and it was a good joint.

Very pleased with myself.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Bahco not being personall but you have been registered on this site for nearly 4 years . And i gather you do plumbing why are you asking such a basic question

No probs.

Been doing plumbing bits for 20 yrs, 2 yrs college and 18 months with a heating engineer on a part time basis.

Had to stop work due to personal circumstances and a bit rusty now. :(

Go with your own ability from what you put on this site you have a good enough knowledge.

Off topic a bit ..Had a mate ask me today if its worth doing a plumbing course on the net seemingly its all done on line costs roughly 5k with a 2 week practical at the end. After i stopped laughin.. This guy is a qualified electro mechanical fitter with 30 years experience on the verge of redunancy could not believe he was so gullible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back