Cylinder stat wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post from a newbie so apologies if I'm not quite up to speed with forum-use.

I'm a competent and experienced DIYer and I'm sure this should be simple, but I don't want to guess....

I need to replace an ACL HTS2 cylinder stat, which has three wires soldered into it - from the factory, I assume. I haven't bought a replacement yet, but I realize that a new stat from any maker will probably have three terminals labelled C, 1 and 2. Only trouble is, the terminals inside the old stat aren't labelled, so I don't know which is which.

Looking inside the junction box one wire obviously goes to the 3-way motorized valve, but the other two disappear into the wall and I can't trace them. I've looked at the installation instructions from Drayton, Honeywell and Danfoss but can't find the info.

Thanks if someone can help.

Sponsored Links
Common Red = C
Demand Black = 2
Satisfied Yellow = 1

Try this and good luck!!

Brian

Should be easy enough to test. It is basically a two way switch. One input, but two outputs (not at the same time)
With HW on, turn stat up to create demand (not satisfied condition) test each terminal. One will not be live and this leads to the grey of the motorised valve.
With HW on, turn stat down to create satisfied condition test each terminal. again one will not be live and this leads to boiler.

The terminal live on both tests is the C (common) from programmer

Thanks butchybutch and mandate. It sounds straightforward enough, so out with the screwdriver tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Hi I put this as a point of reference for myself so I didn't have to remember it.

I've just had to do the same thing again. What I said is correct, as you know the HTS2 (not3) has its wires soldered on. So how it could be wired any other way I don't know

Thanks

Handy conversion table for HTS 2 & 3

2.PNG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back