new cylinder stat question ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
quick question: if replacing a cylinder stat, a danfoss for a honeywell, for eg, do the wires in the terminal box go in the same holes, like for like?

Sponsored Links
the wiring diagrams seem a bit strange!! as my terminal box is not just numbered 1-10, etc!!!

Change cylinder stat wiring at cylinder stat not junction box.
if old cyl stat has just two wires refit these to honeywell stat con c & 1.

Sponsored Links
was thinking of doing this, ie just using the original wiring for the new cylinder stat, but as the new stat is a different make i wasn't sure if it'd be ok?!!! thanks 4 help.

Make sure you get this right, as if it's not you'll end super heating the water/steam in the cylinder which can be fatal. Always think what can go wrong.

Make sure you get this right, as if it's not you'll end super heating the water/steam in the cylinder which can be fatal. Always think what can go wrong.

why will it super-heat, surely boiler stat will cut in first

the boiler may cycle on the stat but it will still heat the cylinder because the boiler doesn't know when its at tempreature. if the water returns to the boiler slightly lower in temp then the boiler will keep running. I'm just saying be cautious

Bit ironic that statement about always thinking what could go wrong.

Did Asha mean 'imagining what could go wrong?' Factually nonsense, RU a plumber?

Op hasn't said what type of system he has, but cylinder stat is only a switch, anyway imho danfoss is the same as honeywell.

sorry, my system is indirect, 900 x 450 cylinder with coils. i have a potterton boiler, grundfos 15-50 circulating pump, close coupled cister with room stat downstairs in living room/hallway and 3 port mid position valve. just was worried if i put a different cylinder stat on that was not the same model it would not work with the other controls in the terminal box properley!!!

the OP is not a diyer by the way he is out there workin and charging :eek: :eek:

btw i'm not working and charging !!!! i wish i was qualified and capable of that!!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back