Daewoo Fridge Freezer FRS2021IAL - fridge is warm.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Daewoo side-by-side Fridge Freezer FRS2021IAL

The fridge is not cooling, at 15C last I checked.
Freezer is keeping food frozen, but not as cold as it should be.
The air is not circulating properly, if at all, thorough both the fridge and freezer.
I removed lower back panel and found the coils and fan to be clogged with dust, so vacuumed them clear. The fan runs OK. Compressor is humming away quietly same as usual so I presume it is working.
No sign of frost anywhere, outer walls are not showing any signs of heat.
The digital front display is just displaying as normal, but does not appear to detect the high temperature in the fridge.
I haven't tackled a fridge before, so I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Many Thanks
:confused:

Sponsored Links
I take it this is a frost free. Usual problem

Defrost it, min 24 hours with doors open, keep checking the evaporator (on or near the compressor) tray for over flowing.

If you can (can be awkward) remove the panels inside the freezer compartment at the back or top, you will usually find them blocked with ice.

This restricts the air flow into the fridge from the freezer (dampers and fans blocked).

Thanks for that - come to think of it, I stuck my fingers in the vent between fridge & freezer and could feel some ice crystals. I'll turn it off tomorrow and see how it goes.
:)

Thanks Leccy258:
Have had about 2 litres of meltwater from the freezer, so hopefully that will help.
Removed some of the freezer interior panels while cleaning and the circulating fan isn't running, although spins to the touch.
Is there a delay when switching on after a defrost, should it start right away or is it defective?
I presume there is a similar fan in the fridge compartment, but I haven't figured out how to remove those panels yet, no visible screws.
Handy this frosty weather, though, for the milk and stuff.

:)

Sponsored Links
fan only comes on when freezer reaches temp ,then the fridge one .

Thanks Rocks1,
I had hoped that was the case.
Powered-up, waiting for the chill! :)

at least 8 hrs to freeze ,nice and cold in the morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back