Daft question about decking oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all

As the title say, I have a daft question about oiling decking. After taking some advice from here, I have bought Liberon decking oil, tried out on an offcut and am happy with the results.

When the weather allows (hoping for a couple of dry days.....yeah right)
I am now ready to oil the deck. The instructions on the tin say to apply a first coat of oil, wait 15/30 mins and apply a second before the first coat has dried and this is where the daft question comes in..... how do I get to the boards to apply a second without treading in the still wet oil? Does it not matter about treading in it as the second coat will cover any marks or do you oil in sections so access is not a problem?

I know this is a daft question but its puzzling me and I am hoping someone with more experince of this than I have can offer some advice.

Thanks and ATB

BP

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same problem and have been wondering about it myself. I see no easy way out of it - I wouldn't be walking over it after only 15/30 mins etc. The only way out I see is to oil as many boards as you can reach back over to do again without touching/walking on the last one done. Wait 15 mins (cup of tea/cigarette etc) reach over and re do the 4/5 boards again and work back that way - hope that makes sense........few boards at a time - slow I know but slow and good is better than the opposite

if there's an easier way I look forward to hearing it. I guess you could use some type of extension to the brush etc to speed it up - me - I will just live with what my arm can reach to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back