Damage above Artex

Whatever floats your boat, I just happen to have had good results with one strike.

Sponsored Links
Wow I just been bought some and had to ask the fella at toolstation if the tub was empty.. crazy how light this stuff is!

Fill with toupret powder mixed thick and damp sponge around edges to blend in.
After 45 mins it will start to set.
Fresh mix and fill again and sponge around edges to blend in and wait until setting again in 45 to 60mins. Should now be flat.
Thinner mix now to pattern. Dab with 1 Inc brush to spike up. Also use finger to make single spikes especially around edge.
Leave to dry
Paint

Fill with toupret powder mixed thick and damp sponge around edges to blend in.
After 45 mins it will start to set.
Fresh mix and fill again and sponge around edges to blend in and wait until setting again in 45 to 60mins. Should now be flat.
Thinner mix now to pattern. Dab with 1 Inc brush to spike up. Also use finger to make single spikes especially around edge.
Leave to dry
Paint
thanks but already filled the hole using one strike. So easy to manipulate it as very light. So you would opt for toupret over something like Polyfilla to apply to last coat and create pattern?

Attachments

• IMG-20231109-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20231109-WA0001.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 21
Sponsored Links
Whatever you have. Go with the polyfiller.

Just keep going with it by applying wet fresh filler over a set one. Blend edges with damp sponge.

I use to mix a small batch by roadside when I was 10 mins from job. Another on arrival then another 20 mins later and so on.
As first batch started to set I switch to next mix.
Just means you keep going and job is easy with fillers setting every 20 mins or so. If filler dries you need to seal it really and if you don't mix up ever 20 mins your waiting maybe an hour for each mix to set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back