Damage to barge boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all, wonder if I can trouble you for advice re: damage to town-house roof (rain water ?) (see photo).
(1) Is it possible to identify cause ? (to eradicate future problems);
(2) Do I need to get it repaired immediately or can it wait till next year (better weather)? ... this is important, as it will need scaffolding and .... if I go for cost of scaffolding, then it makes sense to get 4 windows done at the same time ... and we all know the weather ain't as good now for painting as I would want. For information: This is south-facing.
(3) Scaffolding quote is £750 ... (is that reasonable?: will need 3 levels).
I am waiting on additional quote for roof repair and for decorating. So, three questions for now - am hoping someone out there will be reading this & take the trouble to reply ASAP. Many thanks, Zena

Sponsored Links
Forgot to add: scaffolding needs to 'bridge' corrugated plastic roof at ground level, which will, of course, be more expensive than straight scaffolding. Tx, Zena

Sponsored Links
Sorry, complete numpty here, forgot photo ! Herewith ....

Attachments

• 2. zoom to roof .jpg
    2. zoom to roof .jpg
    259 KB · Views: 148
  • 2. zoom to roof .jpg
    2. zoom to roof .jpg
    259 KB · Views: 142

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back