Damaged bleed valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Back boiler heating system is 25 yrs old, origional rads still in use. Bathroom rad seems to be half filled with air, but the bleed valve is damaged and no bleeding key fits to allow me to get the air out. Any suggestions other than the obvious one of replacing my entire system (which I would like to do but cannot afford)?

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If its the type of bleed valve that sits in a nut screwed into the rad, then unscrew the nut and replace the whole lot. If not, what type of rad and bleed mechanism is it ?

Thanks for the reply bathjobby. It is indeed a valve that sits in a nut screwed to the rad. Would unscrewing the nut have the same effect as unscrewing the bleed valve and release the air?

Yes it would for now and will get rid of your air but you don't want to be doing that everytime. You can get replacement nuts with the air valves in them from most diy sheds (even that well known one with the letters Q and B in it), couple of £ and 2 minutes to do.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back