damaged cctv leads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I wound if anyone can help, i have scrolled through internet without any luck.

I managed to screw up the leads (dc power plug and coaxial) connected on a dome camera i recenltly bought. These are the actual leads which are connected on the camera. the chock which splits the cables was stuck in an undersized cable gland and when i pulled at it, the cables came out.

I was to experiment and see if i can repair the camera. there appears to be three cables, re, yellow and shield (earth). can i simpley buy a dc lead with dc plug and install that to red and earth. i assume the yell is for video signal so would need a female BNC connector, is this correct?

any help would be appriciated.

cheers

Sponsored Links
And how would the video signal go without a common neg?

Ring up most suppliers they will sell the leads that come on a mini choc and fit onto the camera pcb board.

Try these they have boxes and boxes of spares http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv.htm

Alarm,

Thanks for the response. can you recommend suppliers that you mention.

I will contact the website you porvided and see if they are able to help

cheers

Sponsored Links
hi,

Just to update, I managed to open the camera and inside was a 3 pin connector where the cable was attached.

I looked around the internet and found sourcingmap who supply the cable for under £2, just placed th order and hope the cable will be here next week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back