Damaged Window Hinge - Fixable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All!

I have a window which used to work perfectly until my dad, who thought it was a good idea to jam a block of wood in the window hinge to keep the window open on a windy day, and then forcing it closed forgetting it was jammed open.

I have a couple of pictures of the damage and what i am needing to know is ultimately can this be repaired or am i better to replace the window?

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Sponsored Links
If you're lucky it might just be the 3 metal pins that have bowed out of the hinge. If you take the white cap off the top hinge and remove the 4 screws the sash will then lift off when you open the window round (will be heavy). Once off you might be able to persuade the 3 pins back to the original position. Once done, lift sash back on to bottom hinge and put back in the 4 screws and then tell the old man to go and buy a fan :LOL:
Cranks your man on this one

You can refix the hinge about 7-10mm above if the old place for hinge is busted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back