Damp and Mold Advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking to buy a house but this one that we love the space it has needs some work.

It's a 4 bed mid terrace, it has no radiators upstairs at all and there is mold in those rooms.

The house is ex LA and the windows with the worse problems are the oldest ones in the property.

My wife and I are trying to figure out what the issue is, the windows have no trickle vents but the rooms are also poorly heated.

Do we think this mold and damp is from condensation? That should clear up if we ventilate the rooms and heat them, or is it damp coming in around poorly fitted windows?

In one of these the need to put in heat can take care of it, in the other we need new windows too.

Here is a pic for reference...

All the windows upstairs are like this.

Wxk0IvR.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you type into google images
bedroom mold you should find all your answers there.

I think the windows look like that due to poor ventilation and no heat. Clean that up and solve them 2 issues and I would bet all is fine.

Sponsored Links
Ventilation would solve that and you don't know the previous owner dried clothes in the home which would make it worse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back