Damp around inside of upvc window frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a damp patch along the inside of my upvc upstairs bedroom window. It runs from the top of the window frame down to the cill. The window is about 8 years old. There is a plastic strip which covers the gap between the frame and the plaster. The damp is on the plaster side of this. It looks like it has only recently started and there is no mould or damage to the plaster.

Where do i begin looking to find the cause of this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
check for a leak between the frame and wall outside, if not there then start looking upwards. it could be at the head (top) of the frame to lintel joint or anywhere above the leak right up to and including the roof.

I had a look at it after work tonight. There was a split in the silicone sealent between top of the frame and the wall. Some cement had also crumbled away in the top right corner. I've siliconed the gap up and made up some cement to reapair what had crumbled away. Hopefull this will solve it.

Thanks for your help :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back