Damp Chipboard Flooring Help?

I believe the NHBC inspector leans against the side of the house, if it doesn't fall over, it's OK.

Sponsored Links
they only cover structural claims

It's structural chipboard spanning over joists.

But they will likely screw you over anyway as it's below £1200.

But make sure the damp has not affected the structure below, if it's I-joists I would strongly recommend opening up to inspect, if it's solid timber don't worry.

I have just manged to have a look at the thickness of this boarding. It seems that there is a top board of 2.5 cm and one below that which is roughly the same

I dug my hand below as far as it will go and it felt dry to the touch. As it wasnt a constant leak and only occured while showering would you still think it should be pulled up?

Sponsored Links
Just forget any possible way of claiming off NHBC right now, they are an insurance policy in place to keep interested party's happy (ie the mortgage company) they have no obligation or interest in fixing floor caused by a leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back