Damp coming through window reveals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a project property, seems that there is a problem with water ingress around the windows.
If pointed the stone work and also pointed the roof copings, the roof looks sound, but the problem has re-occurred.
The windows in question are one gable end and three on the front elevation.
I'm puzzled, I'm thinking of lifting the roof copings and re-bedding them with a DPM underneath if not one there, that may solve the gable and one of the other three as it is at the front but gable end side.
The other two are situated one above the other(upstairs/downstairs) in the middle of the house..
Any advise?

Sponsored Links
Agree with your remedy for the gable window.

have you checked the gutter at the front windows? and the slates/tiles at the eaves?

Thanks for reply Alastair
I had a quick look, couldn't see anything problematic.
The gutter sits on top of some stone dentils and underneath the dentils is a stone band course, that protrudes out about 50mm, this runs the full length of the property.
I am thinking if the gutter and roof are okay, maybe the pointing on the top side of theses has gone and the water is finding it's way in there, it's not seeping in, but defo some getting in somewhere.
If the weather's suitable I will going up this weekend for a good look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back