Damp course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have removed a chimney from top to bottom and local builder knocked out some downstairs walls for me and fitted required steel beams. I am doing the rest of the work myself but wondering about the damp proofing for the new floor. I have had to remove the last layer of mortar bed from the remains of the walls to get the level low enough for the new flooring, this bed included a slate damp proof course. Also the same for the bases of the the chimneys (three chimneys in the ground floor breast). Can somebody tell me if it is ok to screed then tile on top of these bits of wall or do i need to put down some kind of damp proofing. The floors are solid concrete either side of the wall so I assume that they will already have a membrane. Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
i would try to get a sheet of DPM underneath the new mortar. butter the existing base and walls 1st so that the DPM is unlikely to tear.

alternative is a liquid DPM - aquaproof or epoxy resin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back