Damp course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced the windowsill in my conservatory and noticed the DPC below the dwarf wall was bridged across the cavity. It looks like they have used a wide flat DPC around the walls. Will this cause any problems?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
do you mean bridged above the DPC between the internal and the external leaf?

Or do you mean rubble dropped into the cavity bridging from below the DPC to above the DPC?

do you mean bridged above the DPC between the internal and the external leaf?

Or do you mean rubble dropped into the cavity bridging from below the DPC to above the DPC?
The DPC is across the internal and external wall, it looks like they have used 225mm wide DPC

and there is also a lot of rubble/mortar on the DPC as well!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If I understand you correctly, both the walls and the rubble are isolated from the floor. But rain falling or splashing onto the outer leaf would make the rubble damp. It is possible, using a builders canister vac with metal extension tube, to suck up small rubble and pull bricks towards you. If you have access, do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back