Damp 'cracks' in render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

After a bit of advice on the above pics. They were taken in the dry a couple of days ago and appear to show damp 'cracks' on the newly rendered wall of our new extension. The render isn't actually cracked but there is obviously damp coming through from somewhere.

I haven't spoke to the builders yet but wanted to arm myself with some impartial advice first! Should we be concerned about these lines? Or is this normal after all the rain we've had recently? We probably won't be painting the house for a couple of months (financial reasons :( ) so will the render be OK till then?

thanks in advance for any thoughts...

Sponsored Links
I would say there are thin hairline cracks in the render. Although it was a dry day when you took the pics, rain from earlier has seeped into the "cracks" taking longer to dry out. What do you other guys think?

I think your right RC the "water" stains are in the places that would be where cracks would appear,( above left or right sides of lintols and left and right side of cills....)..

Sponsored Links
I haven't spoke to the builders yet but wanted to arm myself with some impartial advice first! Should we be concerned about these lines? Or is this normal after all the rain we've had recently? We probably won't be painting the house for a couple of months (financial reasons :( ) so will the render be OK till then?

thanks in advance for any thoughts...

I wouldn't imagine it will help give your new render a long life. With cold temperatures over winter, I'd imagine freezing will open them more over time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back