Damp / external rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post - hope it ends up in the right place.

Does anybody know how much I should be bracing myself for a quote for external wall rendoring (eg per metre or per floor etc)? It has already been done, but we are suffering with damp problems and the survey (2 years ago) said that it did look a bit tired in places and may need attention / re-doing.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
what size is it? it will be more about the time it takes than a meterage cost, the materials will obviously cost and can be worked out per metre but it's the labour that will make up the bulk.

thanks for your reply trowelmonkey1 - i know my post was a little vague.

we're getting someone out this week to have a look.

i know the materials will cost next to nothing (in comparison) - i'm just worried sick that if most/all of the side of the house needs doing then full scaffolding and labour will cost a fortune, so wondered if anyone could at least brace me for the news!

i live in an old end terrace and the whole side is rendered.

thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Sponsored Links
Rendering isn't likely to remove your damp problems, and in some cases, makes it worse. Why don't you just patch the render using a ladder and then paint with masonry paint? That should set you back about £300 - £400.

The whole hog with scaffolding is likely to be around £2500 - to £3000.

And as I said at the start, it probably won't stop your damp issues. Think about it - most end terraces are bare brick and they don't have damp issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back