Damp on internal party wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,

I have an issue with damp and im unsure what exactly is causing it and how to get rid of it.

The damp is on the party wall between my pantry living room. The pantry lies between the living room and kitchen.

The pantry floor is approximately 8 inches below the kitchen and living room floor. The living room floor originally was a timber joists which has since been concreted. within thre pantry there are two air vents which would have been for the timber joists. however, i think it may be these that are causing the damp. The air bricks outside the house are only approximately 20mm above the ground level. i dont understand how any moisture can get to the part wall despite the floor being concreted in?

any help or advice would be great.

cheers

Joe

Sponsored Links
Any photos - they would be a big help.

This isn't a party wall in the traditional sense that it separates you from a neighbouring dwelling so what is the wall construction - single brick / 9" / cavity??? Bet it's probably single brick, but if you can confirm and add photos it will help other posters.

How high is the damp, is the EXT GL falling away from the house next to the air bricks etc...so many questions............ :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back