Damp patch on internal wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a damp patch on an internal wall of the house I’m doing up. The wall is in between a downstairs toilet and the living room. The patch is on both sides of the wall. The floor in the toilet is concrete. Living room floor is timber on joists. There is no DPM under the concrete floor and from what I can tell, the toilet partition is recent. I have broken the floor in the toilet and planning on putting some DPM first and then concrete the floor again. Also there is an underground wall, where the timber and concrete floors join. I’m planning running the DPM over the wall, so damp doesn’t go on the timber floor (the edges do show signs of damp). Would my plan solve the problem? And should I leave a small gap between the timber floor and the new concrete floor I will lay? I have attached pictures from both sides, so I hope it’s easy to see the issue.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back