Damp on wall near Window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a look at various other threads on this topic and still can't see what the cause of my problem is. Basically, the plaster on on internal wall of an upstrairs bedroom has got damp and the paint is flaking. The area where this is happening is confined to the end of the wall where there is a upvc sash window.

I've had a look outside and there is nothing immediately apparent that would cause penetrating damp. The pointing is all good as is the stone and I can't really see any problems with the sealing around the window.

I've attached pics of the wall where I'm getting the problem and of the outside

I cut a small hole in the plaster to take a look inside & it looks like this is dry lined as it's attached directly on to a solid wall indicating that maybe there have been issues in the past. Also, I do get some condensation and a bit of blackspot mould around the window recesses in this room and others but this is much more severe and concentrated in the area near to the window.

Any suggestions would be very welcome

Attachments

• inside1.jpg
    inside1.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 47
  • inside2.jpg
    inside2.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 44
  • inside3.jpg
    inside3.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 53
  • outside1.jpg
    outside1.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 46
  • outside2.jpg
    outside2.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 48
  • outside3.jpg
    outside3.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 44
Sponsored Links
i put a couple of coats of Ronseal anti condensation paint on that wall and 2 months later it still seems to be holding up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back