Damp or normal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my new build house (UK) is 8/9 months old but I've noticed what may be damp on the lower courses of brickwork above the DPM (front of property).

As far as I can tell from some exposed DPM near the front door, it appears runs flush with the top of the air brick yet the 'possible damp' can be seen on the course above this in a couple of places. It doesn't feel wet and there are no visible issues internally.

Until recently there were taller (dying) plants in the areas where this issue is most prevalent. Could this just be mould/moss growth that appears common place in the winter months in areas that don't receive much sunlight? Or should I contact the housing developer to evaluate?

Thanks for your help!

Dave
1000004845.jpg
1000004847.jpg
1000004846.jpg

Sponsored Links
Your soil & mulch is too high if the DPC is above the air brick. Have you built it up?

But I'm wondering if it's actually the next course up.

No I haven't built it up, it was at that level when we moved in. It's actually lower than the slabs.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back