Damp or stain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into an old cottage with a 50 year old extension, on the corner of two of the walls one by the patio doors and one by the dining room door there are brown stains, we have had three surveyors ref possible damp and whilst they all said something different none pick these up as damp. We have three plasterers for quotes and one says do nothing one says you need a lime plaster and the other suggests an injection damp course. I'm really confused can anyone help. I have attached some photos.

Sponsored Links
You need first to find the source of the damp, is it rising damp or is there water ingress from elsewhere. There is no point having a DPC system installed if the problem is because of leaky roof, clogged up gutters, pointing, coping stones etc.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back