Damp patch above a window, problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently had a garden outbuilding built, completed about a month ago and now due to recent heavy rain an area of bricks surrounding the window are surrounded by a damp patch.

Would appreciate any advice as to what might be the cause.

Here is a photo.

Top left of window from half way up - wet patch? Is roof leaking into cavity? I can't see anything other than damp patch.

View media item 40682

Sponsored Links
Nice new living accommodation.
Ring the council and ask the surveyor what you think is wrong.

It's one of those migrant garages the government give tacit approval to. They are everywhere. Shanty town London. It's a disgrace.

It's one of those migrant garages the government give tacit approval to. They are everywhere. Shanty town London. It's a disgrace.

Strange responses from what thought would be a helpful community.

Firstly, Joe-90 - maybe next time dont jump to conclusions and maybe be more aware of how bigoted you sound (are). It is NOT living space and was never intended to be. Its is a "multi purpose room" on one side (gym/storage/quiet space/office/study) and the other side/door replaces an asbestos garage we got rid of = small shed (in prep for kitchen extension & loft conversion next year). There are no water facilities and no beds. Now what you got to say? Anything helpful?

Secondly, why would i need to contact the council? They already approved the building and they didnt build it so my problem is not with them.

I thought this was a forum for helping people with building/diy questions.

I have this damp above the window and i wanted some headsup for whent he builder comes around so he cant bulls--- his way out of this responsibilty to fix it.

Anyway.... i guess ill find some other resource on the net that offers more helpful responses.

Sponsored Links
That's what they all say. ;)

I notice that your neighbour has got a similar 'gym' - or is it Jimmy the Pole that you are talking about. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Get the builder back and get him to assess the situation. Diagnosis through examination is the route forward.

The other responses are disappointing.

Regards steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back