Damp patch appeared by back door. Soil pipe leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've noticed a damp patch which has appeared just inside my back door. It could've been there for a while without my seeing it or it could be fresh. Either way I need to find out where it's coming from.

There is a couple of water pipes set into the concrete floor which run under where the patch is so these could be the culprits.

There is also the waste water/soil pipe which runs down the outside wall from the bathroom and disappears under the yard floor more or less opposite where the damp is.

In the photo below you can see the damp right in the corner just inside the door frame with the soil pipe on the far left as it goes below ground.

DSCF1871.jpg

I would like to eliminate the soil pipe before I start digging up my kitchen floor and will be most grateful if someone could give me some advice on how to check if it might've cracked below ground and the leakage somehow soaking through through into the floor. Is it possible this could be the cause or the damp or is it more likely to be the water pipes?

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in building, or plumbing so please feel free to move it to a more appropriate place if necessary.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back