Damp patch in brand new porch

Sponsored Links
An external pic would be very helpful.

Is there a vertical dpc where that frame abuts?

Is there a gap between external cill and house wall?

What is that small return the frame abuts?

Im sure its a leak not condensation -and soon you will get damp showing on the plastef

As it's a porch, does it really matter?
I agree to an extent. If the damp patch is the result of quality failure and is a nuisance then it is an issue. If it is just condensation puddling then there are more important things to worry about.

It's possible that the frame itself could be holding water and slowly dribbling it out.

Sponsored Links
An external pic would be very helpful.

Is there a vertical dpc where that frame abuts?

Is there a gap between external cill and house wall?

What is that small return the frame abuts?

Im sure its a leak not condensation -and soon you will get damp showing on the plastef

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately I'm away from home now so can't take a photo. I think your point number 2 is most likely - there is no mastic sealing the cill outside to the side wall.

as above, an external pic would help?
perhaps moisture is getting under the door sill?
perhaps the door has been installed too far forward - frames should be set back a min of 75mm from the face of the wall.

is that nib a masonry nib or something framed up and boarded?
is that a DPM peeping up at the abutment?
if it is then why does it suddenly stop on the nib - it should run right through under the slab until the cavity wrap up.
as a DPM it should be flopped up behind the plaster or plaster board - not in front of it.
the solid plaster or plasterboard should finish short of the floor by say 40mm to 50mm - skirting covers the gap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back