Damp Patches in Concrete Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 5 years ago I moved into a victorian terraced house. The floor in the back room is solid and I assume it goes directly onto earth. There was damp evident when I moved in so the builder covered the floor in a liquid dpm (blackjack I think he called it) and then put a screed over it.

Upon lifting the carpet that was subsequently laid there it appears there are still some patches of damp as the carpet directly above was mildewy on the underside. The carpet has been up for several weeks now and the damp patches appear to darken and lighten according to the weather. Indeed after the torrential rain experienced in early August the surface was moist to the touch.

These patches are not along the wall but are towards the centre of the room, they are about 2-3 feet accross each. Is there anything I can do to resolve this that doe not involve digging up the whole floor? I intend to lay a laminate floor here it needs to be dry.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back