damp patches on plaster.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi this a update on the above problem. i've removed the plaster . remove a brick behind skirting , along with brickwork & cavity is bone dry. do you think it is condensation. ! rather than rising damp ?
the plaster came away cleanly, with fingers only.

thanks all .

Sponsored Links
hi dds, [more details] sorry !! there's damp patches on wall at the foot of the stairs 1500 mm high . in the past the orginal plaster has been artexed, then reskimmed [ 4 yrs' ago] . when i tap the dry patches they sound solid & the opposite for the wet patches. i thought the cause maybe steam etc from kitchen , hitting the wall & rising upstairs. this is a all year problem . what i'm thinking of doing , removing plaster & render with sand & cement then skim.
what you think ?
any way thank 's for any info'

Sponsored Links
hi dss, checked for leaks !! this is my sons house, but about five yrs ago i had similar problem wall paper peeling off between kichen & living room, i did it with sand & cement & a drop water proofer. it's been fine up to now .

if i try it i'll let you know. how it turn out.

thanks again .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back