Damp pics as promised

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
scan.jpg

this is the plan that ive cipied from original,it shows the works done.

question if there is a vertical barrier installed either external or internal ,how would i know if this was actually done,and according to plan where would you suggest it was put

[/img]
29-10-05_1446.jpg

29-10-05_1445.jpg

these two pics are of the external rendered wall,pics are darker than actuall wall.

[/img]
29-10-05_1443.jpg

29-10-05_1442.jpg

[/img]
29-10-05_1441.jpg

29-10-05_1440.jpg

note the green corrosion on the rad pipe,and also the darker areas on floor is the damp,which has also made the carpet wet.

reason for posting these so that you guys can have a look and i want your opinion.[/img]

Sponsored Links
an old post i made regarding the same problem.

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:31 pm Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how can i tell if they drilled and pumped my walls when i had this work done also.when had house surveyed before i bought it surveyer said that there was damp,along certain walls and needed a survey from damp firm.
survey came back,needed to hack off plaster above certain level drill and inject replaster etc etc.work has been done over two years now,i have also an isurance backed guarantee.
having lived in the house i have since learned that above where damp was very bad is a bathroom,water has gone down the back of plaster and caused this damp and over the years salt had appeared,wall was covered with ply board/pine t&g so surveyer could not get good look at all walls
my house is 100 year old terrace,so what i want to know if there was any damp,have i been ripped off by damp company,as i understand they should drill and inject both exterior and interior walls,but there is no evidence of drilling outside,my partner was here at the time as i was in work and she says that she was not really taking any notice.i am none the wiser but i think that i have been conned and have had a lot of plastering work done for nothing and at a great deal of cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back