Damp problem, in ground floor flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We currently have a problem with damp in the flat me and the Mrs live in. We've been in since November and decorated in the first couple of weeks, and this has started happening recently!

Can it be the damp course? I can't think of anything else. My Mrs refuses to open the window to aid ventilation, but can that be the cause of the problem?

There is no cavity wall insulation, but because the upstairs neighbours are less than helpful I doubt we stand much chance of getting it.

Suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
it could have several contributing factors or one major one.

no ventilation certainly wont help. The moisture in the air condenses out like a mist on an autum morning, leaving damp on the bottom of a wall or behind things that have little air flow over them.

Condensation damp is not the same as rising damp and treating one will not cure the other.

the solution to condensation damp is to decrease the amount of moisture ijn the atmosphere.
if you cant get your Mrs to open windows or stop putting wet things to "dry" on radiators then you could try running a dehumidifier.

have you checked outside for a leaking gutter, washed out pointing etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back