Damp Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I live in a mid terrace home.

On the ground floor, on the back wall there is some damp appearing in a corner on the inside. At this stage, it's only minor (the wall feels damp though) but I'm concerned as I want to sell the house and don't want any big projects to do.

I've had my back wall pointed on the outside so I'm not sure where the damp is coming from. I have noticed that where my back wall joins my neighbours on the outside, my brickwork is fine but theirs has some gaps and some moss & weeds growing out of the brick. I think the damp could be entering on their side but coming through to my house.

What is a quick / good way to solve this problem? I was looking at something like a Ronseal One Coat water seal ultra for outside and maybe some sort of dehumidifier for indoors?

What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Additional note - I've only really noticed the damp in the last few weeks since the heating has been on.

Could be just a coincidence though

Sealing the wall will make it worse preventing any moisture leaving it.
If it's only on the outside have you checked the guttering for leaks? any nearby downpipe?

Sponsored Links
You could try putting an air brick in your neighbours and/or your wall. When I had this problem I took a brick out and found mortar from the build had bridged the gap. Also, check the damp course has not been bridged on yours and there side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back