Damp Proof Cream or traditional Fluid Injection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
I just wanted to get an idea of which option to go for. A long time ago now I used to work in the building trade and used to do the damp proof injection with one of the pump type machines that forced the chemical into the bricks themselves.
I now see that there is an option to use a cream that you inject into the bedding joint with what looks like a mastic gun at regular intervals.

The latter method looks a lot cheaper and a lot less messing about as I can do the injection from the outside only and would not have to take up floorboards inside to get at the damp course.

Question: Is the injection cream method just as effective as the fluid injection approach?

Note: My walls are solid 9 inch walls but only appear to have a problem in one corner where the patio outside is only a couple of inches below the damp course. I was going to do a lot more than what was needed while I was doing the job just to be on the safe side.

Sponsored Links
then i would say either lower the patio or cut a french drain in,or cut the slabs back dig down and pour in a load of pea beach,then allow the wall to dry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back