Damp repair/ quote advice.

As most have mentioned you need to sort the gully out rather than tank the inside.

As it looks like the top section has been detached, why not remove this section, then check if the other section is crack free, if so just replace the top section you have removed.

the condensate pipe also needs extending to go into this gully, in cold temperatures there is a lot of water sent down this pipe from the boiler.

Think this Could be a straightforward repair really.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tips, Think my dodgy photography has struck again, there is no condensate pipe, it's just a piece of old bamboo i'd left lying around :)

I did end up with someone else coming to take a look, took the skirting board off to have a look and whilst the pointing isn't great outside either and the drain is broken he thinks the fact that when the extension was built the plasters have plastered over the old external wall and plastered staight down the the floor crossing the damp proof course that this has 'Bridged' which could also be contributing, hopefully get the wall sorted and get someone to also have a look at the gulley and then fingers crossed i can get it sorted.

i mentioned in my first post for you to remove the skirting and plaserboard.istll guess water is getting under the cill from ground level to inside floor. i also asked for pics of air bricks andwhats the purpose of the gulley? when you get the water damage sorted what does that mean?

Sponsored Links
...As it looks like the top section has been detached, why not remove this section...

my guess is that the concrete was placed round the top of the gulley, and the rest of it is broken and subsided into the hole caused by leaking water, hence the trap is now below the concrete.

Have you found the dpc?

where is it, height in relation to the paving? and the airbricks?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back