Damp seal for rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an exterior internal wall made of stone. The exterior is rendered.The internal wall showed signs of damp/salts. I have hacked off the old plaster and render to the stone. I have been told that if I use "Thorough Seal" this should stop the damp. Once sealed I then render and plaster.Has anyone done this before? I cannot find any posts anywhere on this subject. I have resisted having an injected DPC as I have been told I would we wasting my time with a stone wall as the damp with rise around the gaps and is most likely coming from through the external render. Any thoughts guys?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
TANK the wall.

irregulare stone is hard to chemically inject, as you need to find the same level on both sides, so i would go for this.

take wall back to brick @ 1.5m, treat for salt ingression.

apply a thin, flat coat of render with waterproofer in it all the way to the floor. there are numerous tanking kits available and thorough seal may be one of them but never used it.

tank all the way down to the floor and lap it a couple of inches onto the existing floor.

scratch and float then skim.

i have used this process hundreds of times and i have never had any problems, hope this helps. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back