Damp spots on walls - Cold bridging? Condensation? Other?

Sponsored Links
Agree with John D - if a rendered wall is wet and green something is spilling over it, unless it's N facing under trees.

Thank you all for your responses. I feel that there are probably multiple fixes to do in order to gain some control of this damp situation. Fixing the gutters is surely one of them! I'm hoping that the burst pipe hypotheses is not the accurate one.... I have an independent damp surveyor coming out next week and after having a good conversation with him yesterday, I'm feeling confident that he will identify the source/s and we can move forward from there....

As a general rule, I've heard people suggest that damp issues are typically not too much to worry about and they can typically be fixed.... Is that something you would agree with? Or could any historic damp have had knock on effects, e.g. structurally...

Sponsored Links
What would it take to dissuade you from buying this money pit?

Presumably it is really, really, really cheap?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back