Damp spots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have a 100yrl old victorian property which was renovated by a builder 2yrs ago before we bought it. In the kitchen the exterior wall which backs onto the old coal shed and outside toilet has 3 small damp patches on the interior of the kitchen wall at just above skirting level. The paint is coming off the patches. I have looked at the wall in the coal shed which is now just a storage outbuilding and the wall is dry but has a lot of white what i assume is salt at just above floor level. Do i assume that the patches are damp that are in the bricks and what should i do about it. We have been in the house 2yrs and this is the first sign of it. The interior floor is solid and likewise with the coal shed floor. Also i have noticed that one of the spots is on a section of the wall that does not face into the coal shed this section is outside facing and have noticed that this spot is different to the others as it has made the paint come off but it appears like the white salt type substance has mixed with the paint, also the plaster underneath has not been marked or anything.
Thanks Lee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back