Damp stone house wall below DPC.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My first post. Hope you can help.
I have a stone bungalow and have noticed a small area of three or four of the stone blocks BELOW damp proof course are salty and damp looking. I am confident there is no water supply or outlet pipes near the area but wonder if I should just ignore it or take action to rectify.
thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
As long as it remains below the DPC then you have nothing to worry about. If it comes above ... different story :eek:

Following on from my last post on this subject I have now been contacted by the water authorities and been told I have a serious leak. The bill came to £611 for lost water and £200 for contractors work to put it right. The damp outer wall was caused by a leak in the copper pipe beneath the concrete floor in the kitchen. So the lesson from this is don't sit back and take other people's advice, investigate it yourself and take action QUICKLY.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back