damp under carpet - concrete floor - treatment

Discussion in 'Floors, Stairs and Lofts' started by cascas, 2 Oct 2012.

1. cascas

cascas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

Downstairs there appears to be the start of a couple of patchs of mold coming through.

House is 1930, with concrete floor. Underneath the underlay, I notice that the floor is patchy black concrete, and it appears to me that there were thermoplastic tiles on the floor at some stage that have been removed and left remnants of the bitumen adhesive.

What is the best way to deal with this?

I have looked up the instuctions of using a liquid dpm - but all of these seem to put on a screed over the top - which is difficult without disturbing the skirtings etc.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. dazlight

dazlight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Alright mate, best system to go with is ardex NA screed dpm 1c. If your carpets back down tell them to stick the grippers so dpm isn't ruined.

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local