Damp wall in first floor conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a small conservatory on the front of our 1st floor apartment. It the winter the one wall-without windows gets very wet. The blinds get black mold and the windows are very wet every morning.
I can wipe the windows, clean the blinds- but should the wall get so wet ?
The wet rises about 40cm above the skirting board- there is a groud floor below- this does not suffer from any damp.

There is a small wall heater that is on for a few hours in the morning

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Give us a pic of the outside and inside if you can.....presumably the conservatory floor is sat on the roof of the dwelling below?
What sort of floor do you have in the conservatory, and whats the wall construction?
John :)

Mold and condensation are signs of very poor ventilation, does the room have any.

Give us a pic of the outside and inside if you can.....presumably the conservatory floor is sat on the roof of the dwelling below?
What sort of floor do you have in the conservatory, and whats the wall construction?
John :)

Thanks for your reply- i did try to add two pictures to my album and load them here- but it did not work- I will try again.

The conservatory is on top of the downstairs apartment- . The wall i think is breeze block - with a grey pebble dash on the outside.

Sponsored Links
Mold and condensation are signs of very poor ventilation, does the room have any.

the conservatory is small- 5ft 6 deep and 10 ft wide.

the big front wall is a small wall with windows on top- this does not have mold.

The other big wall is doors into the living area. - no damp there

the other small wall is just conservaory doors to the outside

The fourth wall is just brick- with a high up window and is the wall with damp- 40 cm all along the wall.

The room is ventilated in the summer- but it is too cold to have windows open in the winter. We also run a small dehumidifier over night.

Thanks

You need to change the permission on the photo album to allow others to view or to post pics on your message.

You need to change the permission on the photo album to allow others to view or to post pics on your message.

I could not get them into the album- i copied them but the album is empty - they were only 4.2 mb each- so it cant be the size.

I will try again

Thanks

I could not get them into the album- i copied them but the album is empty - they were only 4.2 mb each- so it cant be the size.

I will try again

Thanks

I have done it- the pictures are in my album- but they are not very clear

Photo's need to be on entire structure [we already know what damp looks like].

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back