Damp wall in Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We've recently discovered some damp patches behind some stacked chairs against an external wall of a kitchen extension. The Landlord plans to deal with the problem once the weather is a little warmer but in the meantime I've managed to clean away the mould with Mould/Mildew spray. I also have some fungicidal wash but was wondering if it would be possible to paint the clean walls and then apply the wash?

Thanks for any tips.

M

Sponsored Links
If the mould is caused by condensation, it'll return anyway, however you treat the wall. Painting with an easy clean surface treatment might make it easy to clean in the future.

If it's caused by penetrating damp, or rising damp, nothing but resolution of the cause will have any long-term benefit.
You could, as a temporary measure, try a damp proofing paint from one of the sheds, but I wouldn't offer any recommendations of any product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back