Damp wall : temporary repairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there

I have just had the roof fixed but the dampness in the interior walls will take some time to dry out.

Is there any way to pretty-it-up until it is fully dry ?

I have to rent out that room and it's not very attractive.

I don't want to prevent the drying from happening. What about if I put a quick coat of breathable paint like Trade Matt on it ???

Any other ideas ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Nothing you can do for that, in fact you might have to knock it back to brick, bond and finish coat.

Hmm ... under the peeled paint, the wall doesn't look bad ... in fact it was skimmed 2 years ago ...

I wonder if I can just scrape off the flaking paint and put a weak coat of trade matt on it.

Maybe in a few weeks when it is mostly dry ?

Sponsored Links
Ah ok, the picture gives the impression that the plaster is blown and badly cracked. Either way you've got to let it dry, paint will only trap the moisture and cause more flaking and peeling. You could try a de humidifier or a heater to help a bit but as long as its dry you can go ahead and paint. Have a look at zinsser peel stop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back