Damp.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after having the entire bottom 1m of house plaster removed and company in to damp treat the walls, thought all was good, but rear of the house still, damp/murky type of swamp smell....

found out an old toilet had been removed but piping still contected to outside drain, ie:sewage smell present,.,,

so sorted all that out and thought that must be it, (completetly removed old soil pipe and cemented whole in floor etc, and replaced drain complaced as needed doing anyway)...

problem is rear room still has that weird smell,,, its an old house and you can smell it off the floor boards in that room,, floor boards have all been exposed now for a month, and have had heating on full blast etc,... got no issues with damp just that smell,,,, is their anything i can use to clean/remove that smell from the boards,, i dont want to replace them,,,

Sponsored Links
the solum may have been saturated with foul water! you would need to lift the floorboards to find out.

Sponsored Links
would i need to remove the a certain amount of soil underneath??? if so how much and what do i need to put back ??

thx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back