DANFOSS 102 clock Yes the very old one.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heating didn't come on for the evening session it had been on in the morning and all fine.
At tea time the clock had stopped, no function , no sound.
Got new clock and plugged onto wall plate block bracket (have done 15 years before and all was fine) as You'll know it should be that simple.
BUT the new clock doesn't work, no sound. no function.
The fused spur connection is live and both live connections on the block are live
UNTIL I plug the clock on, they then test as dead.
What is going on ?
There are 2 identical questions on Google but they have never been answered.
Please anyone

Sponsored Links
Have you checked for mains voltage across terminals 5 and 6 on the backplate with a multimeter?

With the supply turned off check carefully the path of the mains cable to those two terminals. Something may be loose and making a very poor connection.

Thanks for the reply Jack.
Sorry unfortunately novice here, 6 = live 5 = neut.
You mean turn off power leading to the Danfoss unit and check the connections at the fused spur ?

I had similar at a customer last week. Took off a Randall 3060 and replaced with an ACL 522. Rewired a wiring centre, fitted new wiring base and then the programmer which did not light up when switched on. The non contact detector indicated mains power, but upon metering it there was only 200 volts. I removed the fuse and cleaned it, still 200 volts. Detached the fuse spur and had 240 volts coming in. Retightened the connections coming out and problem solved. Don' forget to isolate the circuit before adjusting the connections in the fused sour.

Sponsored Links
Many Thanks for Replys.
I only have a basic tester so it showed current where it hardly existed.
The voltage getting to the backplate connector block was actually minimal hence disappearing when the clock was plugged on.
I have rewired to a new 3 amp feed and all is fine.
Does anybody want a brand new ANTIQUE Danfoss 102 ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back