Heating wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After some of your expertise, my central heating is working great except for when it is turned on water only at the clock heating comes on too, I'm sure it is a wiring issue as all was fine until I had a new pump and mid valve fitted, the friend of a friend :confused: Recommend fitting a Honeywell wiring centre to tidy up connections because they were on block connectors and did look unsightly not to mention a little dangerous, anyway since then house is boiling until the cylinder sat is satisfied. All wire are in the correct positions wondering if there needs to be a link wire? Programmer is a danfuss 102 water only and water and heating switch, premaflow pump and a Honeywell v4073a diverted valve.
Any help appreciated
A sweaty 779 dave
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the old valve was a mid-position? The 102 timer can't be used with that type of valve.

Honestly not sure it looked exactly the same as the old one but not sure on model no. Are there different models looking similar? I was working away at time and didn't really get involved, this has been going on for about 16 months. I can't ask the guy who did he job as he's moved to Aus.

Sponsored Links
The number will be marked on the valve.

Which model 102 do you have.

I'll give the information to Dave on another forum as it's easier. He'll then get back to you, once he has the information.

Clock is a danfuss 102 that's all it says. It has 24hr clock with A,B,C,D for timing settings and a switch on the side water only, off, water and heating.
Hope this is of some use.
Model of valve is V4073A1039.

Ok he has wired it all up wrong, are you anywhere near Bath.

We would need a complete drawing of how it's wired so we can tell you what to alter. Can you do that or post a couple of clear pics.

This is how it should be, but not sure it's a DIY job now.

Thanks for this, I'm nowhere near bath in Wigan unfortunately.
I'll try and put some pics on but as it all wired in a Honeywell wiring centre everything is labelled to were it should go. Should I do away with it and use block connectors as before?
I'm competent with general house electrics and can follow diagrams being a builder but central heating I was always told is a bit of an art, all spark's I know have all been baffled.

Thanks for this, I'm nowhere near bath in Wigan unfortunately.
I'll try and put some pics on but as it all wired in a Honeywell wiring centre everything is labelled to were it should go. Should I do away with it and use block connectors as before?
I'm competent with general house electrics and can follow diagrams being a builder but central heating I was always told is a bit of an art, all spark's I know have all been baffled.

You have the drawing so if you can trace the wires go for it.

Not sure what Mike2007 had to drink. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your help I'll keep you updated, prob do it tomorrow if I get a min.
I'll get the wife to post if I've end up with curly hair :D :eek:

Bingo!
Seems to have done the trick that diagram, I got to rid of he wiring centre and used block connectors, run the central heating on water only and alls good.

Thanks again!

In case you haven't realised, you can have hot water and heating separately with that wiring scheme.

The programmer will bring the HWS on with the heating but is controlled by the room and cylinder stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back