3 way valve wires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi again

my 3 way is a honeywell v4073a and the box it is being wired in to is a twinzone system wc1/Lwc1 now the 3 way white wire is for heating on so where do i wirer in the the twinzone box? all so the orange to boiler and pump where do i wire that>>> the box has
HTG ON
HW ON
HTG BROWN
CALL
COM
HTG&HW ORANGE
HW OFF
L
SAT

I guess hw on is hot water but what are the others.

thanks

Sponsored Links
what make is the "twinzone" - can't say that I know it off hand.

HI

should the 3way leaver move all the time when the motor turns? and should it be loose? when i took the wires off the leaver came stiff and move the motor.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
When the system has been drained and power to boiler has been removed the 3 port mid position valve will have un-winded due to the return spring back to HW only.
This would prevent water entering the CH side so the lever is there to move the valve to mid position and latch it there while re-filling takes place (manual) afterwards it should be un-latched (auto)
When valve is at HW only, there will be resistance when using the lever.
Other than that, when valve moves under power the lever basically gets left behind and is loose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back