Heating timer clock fault - weird!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, here's a strange one for you!

Woke up this morning expecting to hear the usual noise of the heating, but there was silence.

The house didnt feel cold and there was the tell tale pinging of pipes as they cooled to let me know the heating had been on.

New it wasnt up to temp and off via the roomstat though as this takes a while and the heating had only been on 45 mins.

Stuck head in airing cupboard to look at programmer clock and it was dead - i.e. nothing on the digital display and no leds etc.

Tried pressing a few buttons but nowt, so turned main power supply switch to heating system (the one with the fuse in) off and on again and it came back on :confused:

Weird thing was the time said 7:00 am which was 20 mins slow, but all the heating/water programme times were still in tact!

I have zero idea as to what could have caused this, we have not had a power cut (and anyway, it always remembers the time if we do I assume via a back up battery) so am looking for any pointers in case it happens again.

For the record it's a conventional system with a worcester cbi 14/19, hot water cylinder, rad stats and a room stat.

Cheers in advance

B

Sponsored Links
What programmer is it then?

Probably knackered, does happen, I usually find it more often with the Danfoss models.

What programmer is it then?

Probably knackered, does happen, I usually find it more often with the Danfoss models.

Hiya mate,

Alls I can tell you is it says 'ikon' on the front and it says the same on the 3 way valve but also says Travis Perkins :confused:

Cheers
B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back