Danfoss 75 - Heating only works via auto setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a house with a Danfoss 75 for heating and hot water. The hot water seems to work fine as we always seem to have plenty. However the heating seems to work when its using the auto function but if I want to keep the heating on and try to switch the control panel to on I can hear the boiler click on then after a couple of seconds its click back off.

Sponsored Links
Does the lock have little red lights on it to say ch/hw is being demanded.. if so have look and see if they flicker when on constant,had this before with danfoss circuit inside had broke down

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the late come back our internet service was on the blink.

Anyway I have tried resetting but still having problems.

Its strange as Heating works in the morning from timer. However any time I try to manually keep the system on it become tempremental and at times works other times click to on. I can hear the boiler start up but then it cut off again. A friend who knows a little thought it could be one of the termostats saying it is "at tempreture" even though its cold therefore it does not come on.

Do4es the heating come on when you select HW on the timer?

I have set up HW and CH to come on quite closely together in the evenings and in the morning CH should come on before. I will monitor this to see if heating comes on independtly. Interesting that you ask about HW as after many attempts of trying to get heating on I often have to resort to running some HW then click CH to on and immediately put HW on. Again this is not a perfect system and many times requires many many attempts.

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back