Danfoss FP75 - clicks on and off for heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So as you may have gathered I have a problem with the above programmer.
The set up is a Danfoss fp75 and one Myson motorized valve and one pump.
So when switch on the heating side of the programmer, the valve opens and you get rads + hot water.
If you switch on the hot water, the valve closes shutting of the radiators and supplying hot water only.
Simple enough, however in the last couple of days when switching on the central heating it goes on but switches off immediately (using the +1hr function), if you use the timer it just clicks on and off constantly.
The hot water side of the programmer works fine (so i'm using this + the manual over ride to keep the valve open to heat the rads + hot water).

Either the motorized valve or programmer must be at fault - I'm guessing the programmer (it's an old one, everything else was fitted in the last year).

Any suggestions would be welcomed.......

Sponsored Links
I would say the programmer is faulty. Get a new Danfoss programmer. Some additional fewatures like auto clock setting.

the more i think about it there more I agree - Even if the motorized valve was broken it wouldn't cause the flicking on and off (I don't think)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back